Thank you for choosing us! We strongly suggest you read the following very carefully, before booking a trek or tour with us and agree with our company’s terms and conditions:
- Once your booking is confirmed, our company issues a confirmation/invoice of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation/invoice carefully to report any incorrect or incomplete information (this information includes passport details, address, deposit amount, trek/tours chosen and travel dates among others) to our company immediately.
- The deposit paid is completely non-refundable. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show your original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, in order, to enter the Inca Trail checkpoint. If you originally booked with an old passport (then renewed it), you will have to bring the old passport with you as that is the passport that was used to purchase your non-refundable permit. You cannot use your new passport for entry. Therefore, you will have to bring both passports(the old and new one) with you.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your ISIC card (the green one) with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. ISIC with expiration dates that are already expired(if it expires later this year), even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at the time of booking.
- Cancellations: Your deposit is non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, as you approach your trek/tour start date, there may be an additional cost due. There are absolutely no exceptions (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|If you cancel within 6 weeks of your start date||60% TOTAL COST is DUE|
|If you cancel within 2 weeks of your start date||80% TOTAL COST is DUE|
|Within the week of your trek (7 days)|
INCA TRAIL TOURS
- PERMITS: Permits purchased for the Inca Trail are booked in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. This is a regulation made by the Ministry of Culture(part of the Peruvian government) and cannot be changed. Any date changes are not possible as once a permit has been purchased, all information provided is entered into the booking system. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable (the deposit made is, therefore, non-refundable) Please note, that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Amarutrek Expeditions.
- In extreme cases, when the Inca Trail is declared closed for safety reasons, Amarutrek expeditions will contact you to offer alternative treks, in lieu, to the changes.
- Those who booked Inca Trail permits with a student ISIC card must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card at the checkpoint entry, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must inform Amarutrek Expeditions of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You must be in good physical health, if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor before booking any trek or tour with us. If you are over the age of 70 years old, you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate (to avoid any liability with the customer(s).
- You are responsible for assessing whether a trek or tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. Our company does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the trek or tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Amarutrek Expeditions reserves the right to deny permission to travel or participate in any of our treks or tours, at any time. Our company will determine if your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or if you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition(especially for treks) and must be disclosed to our company at the time of booking. Our company may refuse to have pregnant women over 24 weeks participating in certain treks due to the dangers it can present to the condition and the liability it can present to our company as well.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect yourself and others, in case of a medical emergency or any trek or tour cancellations.
TOURS AND TREKS
- All balances need to be paid either in cash, debit/credit card(We prefer Visa) or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing, which will be held the night before your trek or tour. Visa incurs a service fee and if you use another card, it must be through PayPal, which incurs a 5.5 service fee.
- You must inform your guide while on your trek or tour if you wish to leave the group or camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any issues with our services, please do inform the guide at that moment, so those issues can be resolved as quickly as possible in a professional matter.
- All adventure treks include private transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured while on the trail, the guide will assess if you will be able to continue or not and have a porter accompany you, back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter airlifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will coordinate with you to meet your group at Machu Picchu and continue the tour from that point on. There will be no refunds of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness, which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Amarutrek Expeditions will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Amarutrek Expeditions cannot be responsible for any acts of third parties. You are absolutely responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Amarutrek Expeditions does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry travel insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel a program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Amarutrek Expeditions may modify your itinerary within reasonable reasons in its sole discretion. All modifications made will be informed to customers.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting to be part of a group tour, you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.